There’s a chance that you may be an Eco Fashionista*. You may not even know it yet. If you fit the majority of these warning signs, you may want to start thinking about shopping consciously to treat your condition.
You are probably an Eco Fashionista if:
1. You recycle. If you or someone near you is forced to throw away a can or plastic bottle, you feel mental – and possibly physical – pain.
2. You’re generally concerned about climate change.
3. You prefer to eat organic/healthy food (when you can afford to).
4. You think sweatshops suck.
5. You like to buy stuff with a story. For example, when someone complements my wallet, I can tell them that it was made by my Bedouin women friends in Israel. I also love explaining that this polka dot bathing suit is made of recycled plastic bottles and this necklace is made of coconut shells:
You know what I mean. Bragging works better with a good story.
6. You like to look good, but you don’t like to look like everyone else. You’re Continue reading